CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynamically modifying themes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgarvey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Dynamically modifying themes Reply with quote

Great product, but a little difficult to configure.

I'm writing a JAVA taglib to use in conjunction with your popCal control so that junior developers don't have to become familiar with your product in order to use it. The problem I have run in to is that it doesn't seem to be possible to determine the type of calendar required on any given page dynamically.

I would like to include the calendar in a basic page template and then dynamically choose whether a date only, date and time, or just time popup appears.

Is this possible to do? It seems to me at first glance that I will need to include 3 calendars to do this - is there another way?
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you just need 1 calendar iframe tag on page but using taglib to choose between the plugins, which is configurable via the name & id of the iframe.

Also note that you may override the theme options in the plugins.js. e.g. you may add the following in plugins_time.js to create a plugins_timeonly.js:

Code:
gbHideTop=true;
gbHideCalMiddle=true;

cgarvey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I just realised I didn't state the problem clearly.
As you rightly point out, I could of course dynamically write out the theme to use but that supposes that I only need one of each calendar type per page.

What I would like is to be able to dynamically assign a theme based on the kind of control I want so that I can have a date only, date and time and time only input fields on the page but only one iframe.

I've looked at the code in more detail now and I think this may be possible, I just need to come up with a theme that has functions for setting up all 3 scenarios and then wrap another function around the fPopCalendar function to add another parameter.

Whew!

Is there a simpler way?
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way to do it - dynamically generate the iframe tag on demand.

Please check the following FAQ for details:
http://www.calendarxp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75

cgarvey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't generating the iframe on the fly generate a noticeable delay though? I assume the client system would need to interpret the javascript and reload the page everytime... though it might be possible to generate and cache these..

I will run some tests and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: