CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cahcing the license.js file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: cahcing the license.js file Reply with quote

Is there a way to cache the license.js file? I am able to cash the agenda.js, normal.js etc. files however, my site has many pages where I use the calendar control and each time I go to one of those pages I get a new license.js file. If possible, can it not cache a single license.js file??
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a license file is only about 0.1KB in size, caching it wouldn't give you much advantage in either download speed or saving of bandwidth. However, caching it could cause trouble for the end user if you upgrade the license in future.

We can release a non-cached version for you if you do have a sound point regarding the cache.

jetsoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Point well taken. Reply with quote

I know it's small. It's certainly not as bad as not caching the js and css files for the calendar controls. I've spent many many hours minimizing the amount of bandwidth my site consumes and every little bit helps if you are using a dial-up instead of a high-speed connection. But you are correct. It's so small it's probably not worth worrying about.
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's all about balance. We fully understand the optimization effort you put for the dialup users. We too put a lot of efforts in reducing the size of the calendar (it's probably the smallest calendar product with the most amount of advanced features).

Talking about saving, I'd suggest you remove all comments from the js and css files - which could save you more than 10KB in bandwidth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: