CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling a function in Agenda.js from Plugins.js

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cady36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Calling a function in Agenda.js from Plugins.js Reply with quote

Hi, me again (she ducks...)

OK, I have a function in Agenda.js to highlight a series of dates based on the duration; (see previous post regarding duration);

(It's called "fFakeSelection" because I realized that I didn't actually need to SELECT anything but the first date, if I knew the duration - It just adds events based on "Selected" colors.)

function fFakeSelection(y,m,d) {
fakeSelect = new Array()
aStartDate = new Date(gContainer.rStartYear, gContainer.rStartMonth-1, gContainer.rStartDate);
for (i = 0; i < gContainer.rDuration; i++) {
fakeSelect[2]=aStartDate.getDate();
fakeSelect[1]=aStartDate.getMonth()+1;
fakeSelect[0]=aStartDate.getFullYear();
if (fakeSelect[2]==d&&fakeSelect[1]==m&&fakeSelect[0]==y) {
//Make it look the same as SELECTED dates...
fAddEvent(fakeSelect[0], fakeSelect[1], fakeSelect[2], "", null, gcBGSelected, gcFGSelected);
}
with (aStartDate) {
setDate(getDate()+1);
}}}

This works like a charm. If I set rDuration to 14 days and my start out selection is January 11, 2006, 14 days are highlighted:

Within my HTML document, if I call fFakeSelection with a new Year, Month, and Date, it erases the previous items and loads the new 14 day period, e.g.:

rStartMonth = 12;
rStartDate= 14;
rStartYear= 2005;
fFakeSelection(rStartYear,rStartMonth,rStartDate)

I need to be able to call this function from fAfterSelected(y,m,d), though, to base it on the selected date. I've tried every combination I can think of, but it won't work. (I've even tried defining a function IN my HTML page that CALLED the agenda function with passed variables, but it didn't work either.)

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Julie
Cady36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Calling a function...additional information Reply with quote

By the way, I'm using a variation on the Triplex theme, so the agenda is shared.

Thx.

Julie
Cady36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Even MORE information... Reply with quote

Sorry about the additions, but this is a project I am actively working on right now.

I just noted in the Tutorial regarding agendas:

"Note: When sharing the agenda.js file, it's important to know that any function definition, except fHoliday(), will not be shared, which means you should NOT declare any other functions in the agenda.js. If you really need an utility function, define it in the plugins.js instead. "

I moved the function to the plugins.js file and it still works (mostly) as I said before, but even calling it directly from fAfterSelected, though it is in the same file, does not work. (I created a separate version of it that gets the m/d/y variables locally.)

Thanks,

Julie
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

After looking into your request, I found you only need to add the following code in plugins.js file of the Triplex theme:
Code:
function fAfterSelected(y,m,d,e) {
  var dt=new Date(y, m-1, d);
  if (!gContainer._duration)
    gContainer._duration=[];
  for (var i=0; i<gContainer.rDuration; i++) {
    gContainer._duration[i]=[dt.getFullYear(), dt.getMonth()+1, dt.getDate()];
    dt.setDate(dt.getDate()+1);
  }
  gContainer.gfFlat_1.fRepaint();
  gContainer.gfFlat_2.fRepaint();
  gContainer.gfFlat_3.fRepaint();
}

function fIsSelected(y,m,d) {
  if (!gContainer._duration) return false;
  var dur=gContainer._duration;
  for (var i=0; i<dur.length; i++) {
    if (y==dur[i][0]&&m==dur[i][1]&&d==dur[i][2])
      return true;
  }
  return false;
}

The selected dates will be stored in the _duration array in your HTML page (container), and the length of duration is determined by rDuration in the same page. Of course, you can hard code the rDuration (replace gContainer.rDuration with 14) in the fAfterSelected() function if you don't want to customize it in your HTML page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: