CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kind of urgent - Changing the licensed site...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cady36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Kind of urgent - Changing the licensed site... Reply with quote

Is there any way to temporarily point the license at a different site?

We have a dev site that is under a different domain name than the final site, because this is an SQL driven system. To not mess up the database, the database was duplicated for development purposes.

(The data is on one site as is the TEST WEBSITE, but the final site, which will pull *data* from the other site, is at another DNS name. The license is set to the regular soon-to-be-final site.)

I realize that the software still works, after a fashion (with lots of popups Wink) but we're paying the SQL guy $150 per hour to do the SQL part - lol - I'm pretty sure a zillion popups would disturb his concentration somewhat.

Is there any way to change it temporarily, then change it back? I'm supposed to send him the template, including the calendar, for the page that I am working on, today.

Thanks!

Julie
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

You need to purchase an additional license for the additional domain you requested.

To save you time, we can issue you the license right now as long as you promise to place the order by end of this week. Please let us know the domain name you would like to register and we'll email you the license right afterwards.

Cady36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but that won't work...the "development site" isn't a publication site, and will simply be deleted after the ACTUAL site is ready - I know that there's no way I'll be able to get my client to purchase an additional license for a site that will be deleted in 3 weeks.

Thanks anyway.

Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: