CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple FlatCalendars on one page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N2_Bnks9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Multiple FlatCalendars on one page Reply with quote

I have six mini-theme FlatCalendars on one page. Each calendar is in its own directory and has its own agenda. Except for the agenda.js file, each file is the same (copy & paste). The iframe tags are also the same except for the directory call-out.

The problem is the first calendar has its outer calendar panel shrink down to fit snugly around the calendar but the others do not. They appear to have an extra line-space beneath them.
See: http://www.louisianacarpenters.org/site/contactus.htm

Clicking through the months of the other calendars until the extra week line appears will resize the first calendar. ???

Is there a way to fix this? I prefer the snug fit but would settle for the extra line space. I just want all the calendars to appear the same.

I prefer to keep the colored outer panel because it makes the calendars appear to be better horizontally aligned with the maps.

Thanks
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st, thank you for providing a live link as it's easier for us to tackle the problem.

2nd, don't copy the engine files 6 times. You may use 1 engine file (the same src property) and reference different agenda.js with a different name such as agenda1.js, agenda2.js etc. or different path. here is an example (note you need to use absolute path to specify the agenda.js):

Code:
<iframe width="136" height="150" name="gToday:mini:/cal_1846/agenda.js" id="gToday:mini:/cal_1846/agenda.js" src="iflateng.htm" ...

And your issue would be gone if you follow the above suggestion because in your current setup every iframe has the same id and in the same page, which confuses the engine.

N2_Bnks9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every calendar panel now fits snugly, each calendar operates independently without affecting any other calendar and there's no script errors on the web page, but none of the agendas are working. ???

http://www.louisianacarpenters.org/site/contactus.htm

I've created a directory "cal" which contains the iflateng.htm, mini.css, mini.js, plugins.js, licence.js, and 6 agenda files all individually named. eg agenda_1075.js, agenda_1846.js etc.

On the website I've entered the code:

<iframe width="136" height="150" name="gToday:mini:cal/agenda_764.js" id="gToday:mini:cal/agenda_764.js" src="cal/iflateng.htm" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I've tried several different directory setups; calling out the agendas by complete paths -- http://www.louisianacarpenters.org/site/cal/agenda_764.js or /cal/agenda_764.js and the above method -- nothing makes the agendas work.

I've had the iflateng.htm inside the cal directory and outside... nothing.

Sigh...
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I told you to use absolute path for agenda.js, while you are using relative one.

If you want to use relative one, you need to know it's relative to the iflateng.htm engine file. So your current config points to cal/cal/agenda_xxx.js, you need to remove the cal/ before the agenda.js, if you placed them in the same dir with iflateng.htm.

N2_Bnks9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah, it's working! Thank you so much for your patience.

I had tried using the absolute path but was getting script errors and/or the calendar would not show up depending on whether the page was accessed using http://www.sitename.org/directory/file.htm or http://sitename.org/directory/file.htm

I tried many combinations as stated before but just wasn't getting the right one. It's working now so I'm not going to try to replicate it to see what was going wrong.

For others who might be equally challenged, here's what was done:

Created a directory "cal" which contains the iflateng.htm, mini.css, mini.js, plugins.js, licence.js, and 6 agenda files all individually named. eg agenda_1075.js, agenda_1846.js etc.

On the page where I wanted the calendar to appear I put:

<iframe width="136" height="150" name="gToday:mini:agenda_764.js" id="gToday:mini:agenda_764.js" src="cal/iflateng.htm" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And in order to keep the contents of the page from jumping when the calendar went into a five-week month, the above iframe tag was put inside a table > td tag with plenty of height.

~~~~~~~
Once again, thank you.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> FlatCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: