CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the calendar behaves slow and laggy on my machine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> CalendarXP F.A.Q.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Why the calendar behaves slow and laggy on my machine? Reply with quote

Most likely you had Mcafee Viruscan 8.x on your machine. It's a known issue of Mcafee VSE 8i - some defect in Mcafee engine causes the slowdown of web scripts, be it Javascript or VBscript. One of our customer confirmed with Mcafee support engineer that Mcafee is working on this issue and targeting to resolve it in the new release, hopefully.

If you are using Mcafee 8i and can't get any patch to fix it, you may try putting the following code to the 1st line in plugins.js:
Code:
_mcafee=true;

This shuts off some unimportant calendar features and makes it 60% faster under Mcafee 8i. Better it is, yet can't totally get away the sluggish feel.

Note: This issue pertains to Mcafee VSE 8i only - it doesn't occur with other antivirus software like Mcafee 9 or Norton Antivirus.

cindyz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: After Setting _mcafee=true,Not able to select individual dates Reply with quote

Hi ,
I am not able to select individual dates after setting _mcafee=true; in plugin.js.
Please advise.
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because you are using the Financial 445 demo, in which case you also need to make changes to the fOnChange() function in plugins.js so that it looks like following:

Code:
function fOnChange(y,m,d,e) {
   if (d!=0) {
      fOnDrag(y,m,d,0,e);   
      return true;
   }

fSync(y,m,d);

return false;  // return true to cancel the change.
}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> CalendarXP F.A.Q. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: