CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index CalendarXP.net Support
Most forums here are private and invisible to public.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Positioning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njpmr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Positioning Reply with quote

I have an application that is using frames. There is a narrow horizintal frame on top with a larger one below it. I need to place a calendar in the upper narrow frame but when it opens up it is hidden by the lower frame.
Is there anyway to get it to open over the top of the lower frame rather than behind it?
Thanks
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a demo in the package showing how to deal with cross frame situations. Just take a look there.
njpmr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: positioning Reply with quote

I looked at the demo but this is not the situation. I simply have two frames, positioned horizontally over each other. I have a drop down select list field and a calendar field in the top frame. When I click on the select list, it appears over the top of the lower frame, fully visible. When I click on the calendar, the calendar falls behind the lower frame and is only partially visible. Can I somehow get it to fall over the top of the lower frame like a select box?.
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way the calendar or any other JavaScript component can act like the dropdown over frames. Because the dropDown is a native control of your operating system, which gives it superior advantage, while any scripts are just children of a browser window and cannot work outside its container.
njpmr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Positioning Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply and assistance. I hope you can help me with this issue.
I placed a fixed position div in the frame. In this div I have positioned my calendar field. This allows me to get the results I desire. That is to have a frame that has a constant banner across the top, and the content within to be scrollable.
Initially the calendar pops up positioned directly below the input field. However as the frame is populated with data and you scroll to the left or right, if you click on the calendar input field the calendar position is also shifting. Up and down scrolling is not effecting it, only left and right. Is there a way to configure or adjust the position so it remains under the input field?
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show us a live link? It would be much easier for us to understand the situation and help.
njpmr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Positioning Reply with quote

I do not have the ability to set it up on a link you can access at this time.
I had made a simple demo that you should be able to see the issue. I zipped it up but it is not letting me attach it. It is only 35k called demo.zip so it should be allowed. I made a simple frameset and loaded your DateTimeThemeTemplate.htm as the second page. The only change I made to it was to wrap the form/field in a fixed div to lock it on top of the page as the frame scrolls. I just put an absolute div way out to the left so the page will require scrolling. When you scroll to the left and click the form field you will see the positioning issue.

Do you have a support email I can send the zip file to?
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please mail to support@calendarxp.net
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the offset position feature of the fPopCalendar call, more details can be found in the HelloWorld tutorial. Here is a quick example:
Code:
gfPop.fPopCalendar(document.demoform.dc,null,null,null,[window.pageXOffset?window.pageXOffset:document.body.offsetLeft,0]);

njpmr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Positioning Reply with quote

I have reviewed the tutorial and have been playing with this and I can not seem to make it work. Could you possibly update that example I sent you so I could see precisely how to do it? It does not seem to be accounting for the amount that the window was scrolled.

Thanks
calendarxp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, here is a revised demo you requested.
njpmr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Positioning Reply with quote

I did get it to work perfectly with FF but I had an IE issue. Been a while and I don't remember exactly what it was. I think it had something to do with strict doc type which I needed to have IE support the fixed position div and the way page offset work. Abandoned the path I was on and found different solution. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CalendarXP.net Support Forum Index -> PopCalendarXP Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: